News:

Welcome to TotalMush !
You must be a member to use this forum.

Main Menu

Do Plants Think?

Started by Anam, March 14, 2013, 04:10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anam

As a matter of fact the scientific american have also discovered that plants do also have a memory and does this means that the plants have a memory to think also?
Do research on this and share your research and information with us.

jonela

To do such a research would take a lot of time and money. I wasn't very interested in this topic of plant memory. As far as I know scientists are still trying to identify structures which could work as the nervous system in animals. There must be a way to store information in plants, too.
"One who conquers himself is greater than another who conquers a thousand times a thousand on the battlefield."

Anam

As in a research done by the scientists they have found a cabbage which have the power of memorizing and responding back also. It is through the electrochemical signals. It is much likely to the animal nervous system. Do search on it and share your knowledge please.  :)

jonela

It must be electrochemical - I have no doubt whatsoever! The physiological mechanisms may be very similar in animal and plants. The question is how do plants process information without brain and nerves :o Do they have organs or cells to store it? Just molecules and no other structure?
"One who conquers himself is greater than another who conquers a thousand times a thousand on the battlefield."

Anam

Its quite amazing to search on how they preserve information about their surrounding...I am still in process of studying about their structures and appearances. :)