News:

Welcome to TotalMush !
You must be a member to use this forum.

Main Menu

What is the name of my plant?

Started by piece of heaven, April 26, 2012, 09:15:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

piece of heaven

I received this plant gift. Does anyone know the name?

Anam

I do not exactly know about what this plant is but i guess this may be a snake plant.

piece of heaven

This isn't a nice name but it's a beautiful plant. Thanks for the help Anam :)

Anam

Dear i am not giving name to your beautiful plant, I have just seen some pictures similar to your plant which was named snake plant so i think may be your plant is same as this but as i said i am not sure about what your plant is but just want to help you a bit.

jonela

Yes, definitely Sansevieria sp., if you don't like the snake plant name :). It is thought this plant is a good air purifier by removing toxins in the air. 
"One who conquers himself is greater than another who conquers a thousand times a thousand on the battlefield."

Anam

Indeed snake name is not nice for a plant but this plant do have many benefits.

piece of heaven

Deserves to be appreciated...as all plants deserve after all. They makes life more beautiful ;)

jonela

I never had a Sansevieria. Is it fastidious? Does it require special care?
"One who conquers himself is greater than another who conquers a thousand times a thousand on the battlefield."

piece of heaven

On the contrary. It's very easy to grow. Water occasionally and little light. At least that's my plant grows.

jonela

Thanks! Another perfect plant for me then. Once I had to do an experiment with this plant, something about how to multiply it. The truth is you can cut pieces from it, put them on a wet surface and they will produce roots quite easily.

Anam

If snake plant isn't a nice name for this plant then we may name it as easy growing plant, as it don't need any kind of special observations and special treatment for growing.

jonela

You're right. We don't call it snake plant. We call it "mother in law's tongue"... because of its long leaves.   ;D

piece of heaven

This winter this plant has passed away. Why? ... too much cold and too much water for it.